What is Microblading
Microblading is a semi-permanent tattoo procedure. It requires a skilled professional to carefully map out the correct aesthetic brow shape, colour and position and produce a natural looking result.
The technique results in a fine, hairstroke appearance.
The procedure is done in two stages, with appointments 4-6 weeks apart.
The final result lasts 12-18 months for most individuals.
Pre Procedure Information
- Please do your brows as you normally would on the day of the procedure. This will help me to work with you and make suggestions accordingly. Please do not remove brow hairs prior to your appointment, as it is helpful to see where your natural hair growth is.
- Avoid chemical peels, Botox or skin laser treatment and brow tinting for 2 weeks prior to the procedure.
- If you have blemishes, pimples, moles, eczema, or imperfections in and around the treatment area, please let me know prior to your appointment. Pimples and eczema must be healed before you come in, and moles will not be treated over.
- Please let me know if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You will need parental consent if you are under 18 years old.
- Do not exercise the day of the procedure (you will need to avoid exercise for 5-7 days post also).
- Avoid alcohol the day before and day of your procedure.
- Please notify me if you are taking any regular medications, and if possible avoid anti-inflammatories (eg voltaren, neurofen etc) and fish oils for 10 days prior to your treatment. Please advise me if you are taking any anti-coagulant/blood thinner medication.
- If you have any illnesses or conditions requiring ongoing medical monitoring, please consult with your doctor before booking an appointment.
- If you have an unstable thyroid you will likely need a freshen up more frequently.
- This is a 2 (sometimes 3) stage treatment process. All clients will need a touch up appointment where we can fine tune your colour and “repair” any strokes or patches that did not maintain colour from the initial appointment. You should expect to lose about 20% of the hairstrokes from your initial appointment, this is normal and will be corrected at your touch up appointment. This must be booked and attended 4-6 weeks post your initial appointment, after this additional charges may be incurred.
- We prefer to treat on the side of caution for your initial treatment. We can always go darker and bolder at your touch up appointment, but cannot operate the other way around.
- Please ensure you follow all aftercare instructions to ensure you get the best possible results and avoid unnecessary complications.
To ensure you get the best possible results and avoid unnecessary complications, please ensure you follow all aftercare instructions. Each individual heals slightly differently, however most clients will experience:
- 0-72 hours: hair strokes will appear dark and thick, and your brows may be tender to touch During this time it is important that you keep your brows completely dry, except for cleansing them 2-3 times daily with a damp cotton round and apply post care topical ointment sparingly with a cotton bud after cleansing. This will help to aid healing and avoid infection. Please keep your head out of the shower. You may commence your normal skincare routine, however will need to use a facecloth to cleanse your face and avoid your brows.
- Please do not panic if it looks like your brows have a block colour during this period, this will be the ink expelling from the epidermis, your defined hairstrokes will return in the next few weeks.
- 72hrs – 14 days and beyond: you may experience some crusting or flaking of the skin and your brows will begin to fade (usually about 30-40% from the day of treatment).
- Do not pick at any scabbing, this will result in loosing pigment and may cause scarring or infection.
- Continue to keep your brows completely dry, except for cleansing them twice daily with a damp cotton round and apply post care topical ointment sparingly with a cotton bud after cleansing until brows have healed externally.
- Do not exercise or do any activity which will result in sweating (eg suana’s, spa’s etc) until your brows have healed externally. For most people this will be 5-7 days. Sweating may result in blurred strokes or may prevent pigment retention.
- For some people your brows will appear as though they have lost a significant amount of colour during this period – please be patient, we will not be able to assess how much colour depth there is until the touch up appointment in 4-6 weeks). This touch up appointment must be booked for within 8 weeks of your initial appointment or additional charges will be incurred.
- If you are having laser or IPL please inform your treatment provider, so that they can avoid your brow area – treating over your permanent makeup could remove it, cause blistering or distort the colour.
- We use iron oxide free pigment, so this will not result in a complication if you need to have an MRI for any reason in the future.
- When going out in the sun, we recommend applying sunblock over your bows and wearing sunglasses to help prevent fading. Vaseline can be used as a barrier for salt or chlorinated pools, to help prevent fading. All chemical products (eg glycolic, lactic acid, AHA/BHA, lightening serums etc, should always be kept at least 1cm away from your brows to avoid premature lightening.
Make an Appointment
The first visit is extremely important. Fill in the form to the right and we will call you back to discuss the details and make an appointment
Alternatively, give a us a call on 09-479-8802 during business hours.